[Spridgets] new cruise control

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] new cruise control
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:30:45 -0700 (PDT)
After another lister mentioned the Audiovox CSS-100 cruise control, I
decided that would be a good thing for the long drive to come.  Got one on
the cheap from Amazon w/vacuum tank (turbo=scarce vacuum).  The tight,
short throttle bracket had to be re-fabricated and I had to cut open a
small flap under the driveshaft to affix the magnet and sensor and add a
vacuum port to the throttlebody.  The wiring was easy and the instructions
were complete.
I just finished a test drive and it works well so far.  I had to set the
sensitivity to Normal instead of Small car so it would disengage more
quickly when the clutch is pressed.
I'm thinking I'm going to appreciate this thing a ton by the time I reach
Missouri.

Glen