Re: [Spridgets] Rear spring hanger

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rear spring hanger
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:38:59 -0500
> Not to turn it around, but can you post pictures
> somewhere of what you're describing?

Maxime's pictures are far better than mine, as they show the interior of the
problem area.  The first of his sequence shows a captive nut just to the
left of an oval hole.  That nut is also welded to a vertical triangular
piece like the one shown on the right of the oval hole.  The corner carrying
that nut, part of it vertical and part horizontal, is what has torn out.
The remainder of the area is sound.  Maxime replaced the entire area, which
is more than I need.  Maybe all I need is an L-shaped piece for the corner
holding the nut, but the entire seam shown aft of the oval is weak right
across the car, so I feel like I should do something for the whole thing.

Michael Rowe
'74 Midget
Long Island, NY