Re: [Spridgets] Confused - Weber issues (longish)

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Confused - Weber issues (longish)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 22:45:41 -0400
Ron
As my neighbor always said when my outboard motor never ran well.
"Dirt in the high speed jets", that was his answer to any mechanical
problem.
But since yours is an idle issue, you must have dirt in the idle jets.
Seriously, pull out the jets, pop off the ends, blow air thu them and
put them back.
For some reason I had that problem more than once with my Weber. Always
a tiny spec of something somewhere. Also is you fuel line dissolving?
the 58 is just over a year since a total restoration and the  fuel lines
have melted internally and clogged up the filter.
 From now on it is nothing but the German fuel line.
You might want to blow out all those tiny holes in the carb.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ