Re: [Spridgets] Confused - Weber issues (longish)

To: soavero@yahoo.com, oldsaabguy@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Confused - Weber issues (longish)
From: Weslake1330@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:23:12 EDT
I realised when I read this that the aux vents are for the main jet
circuit.. duh..

SO.

The problem remains in the idle circuit which means idle jets and Em tube
and drillings.

Just forward of the idle mixture adjusting screws there are two brass head
inspection screws (not to be confused with the pump jet cover screw  heads).
Undo these and crank the engine.  If what you can see is  absolutely dry the
problem lies further back.  If they are wet it may be a  problem further back
or
a jetting issue.

If these galleries are dry it could be that the (lead) gallery plugs have
gone too far into the body and blocked off the idle galleries.  If so  return
the carb to the supplier with a bill for time wasted and a replacement  carb.
Or drill them out and re-plug later (not recommended).

That's all for now.

Daniel

In a message dated 03/06/2008 03:11:22 GMT Daylight Time, soavero@yahoo.com