[Spridgets] We Made It!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] We Made It!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:44:09 -0400
We are home safe and sun burned.
This was the BEST Spridget meet there ever was, if you missed it, you
better go kick yourself in the butt because there was plenty of advanced
notice.
3 Sprites, and the only problem I had was that somebody (me) left the
gas cap at the McExit somewhere in McTown while he (myself) was filling
the tank. But, guess who brought a spare gas cap? I sure did!!! along
with just about every other part I could think of.
My cruise was a god send, the footwell got so hot I just set the cruise
and pulled my legs out of the foot well so the sun could bake them. And
I got 40-41 MPG which is about 3 miles per gallon more than without the
cruise.
Diane and I spent most of our time in the 59 driving to and fro
Missouri. We are sun dried, half baked, and deep fried. Sun burned on
top of sun burn. The Sprite never missed a beat either way, the other 2
Sprites were on the trailer.
Even the kids had a great time. My Sprite was used by the kids and
myself for the autocross, that car took a few awards in the event and my
own son beat me with MY car in the autocross! I guess I am now a has been :(
My future son in law has already found a Sprite forsale on line, he's
sold on a Sprite and has to have one of his own.
My daughter wants her own Bugeye too, she wants it painted like a lady bug.
My thanks to Jim Johnson for being the head honcho for this event.
Without him it never would have happened.
I had a helluva time, no time to eat because of all the events, but one
heck of a great time.
We did have a few minor glitches that we learned from, nothing too bad
just some things we can do or should have done differently. So the next
time we will know.
Plans for the Midget 50th in 2011 are already in the making. If you
missed this event, you have 3 years to prepare for the next mega
Spridgetfest.
Man it's good to be home after 2 days on the road in a Sprite.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ