[Spridgets] smoking release bearing?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] smoking release bearing?
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 02:48:39 -0400
(Apologies if this came through before)

I believe I have this solved. I checked the amount of free play in the
pedal, and there was almost no discernible amount. Underneath the car, I
could not even move the clutch fork with the slave connected.  With no
pressure on the pedal, the slave was exerting enough force to keep the
release bearing in pretty good contact with the pressure plate.

I believe this problem must have existed for some time, as the roller
style release bearing that was in the car when I pulled the engine had
several melted areas on it's plastic body. So it must have been turning
constantly and getting way hot. Maybe thats why the roller bearing was
in there in the first place?

Anyway, I shortened up the slave cylinder pushrod by 1/8" and that gave
a little bit of free play. Took off another 1/16", and now it works
properly.

On to the next problem...

--

Marc