Re: [Spridgets] bug-i ride-off the wall

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "'Michael Rowe'"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] bug-i ride-off the wall
From: "B- Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:43:04 -0700
David Lieb wrote:  "Otherwise, we are working on a community project wherein
everybody contributes what he or she can and it all works out in the end,
complete with warm fuzzies to go around. Spridgets are NOT all about money."

None could have said it better, David.   Some people simply do not
understand that this was the spirit I knew in the "Golden Age".  People
worked together for the common good and for the fun and pride of
camaraderie, including the rich who could afford to have everything done for
them, but rubbed grubby elbows with those of us in the great unwashed
masses.   A friend from those days has been active in TR circles in the Bay
Area and in Arizona.   I told him of the friendships and camaraderie on the
Spridget list, and he just had a hard time believing it.  It certainly was
most certainly not anything like he had experienced anywhere in the past 30
years or so.   Then he came to the BusterCluster, and at the end, was dazed
and amazed at it all.   "Buster, you were RIGHT!   It is like the old days!"