Re: [Spridgets] Wiring

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Wiring
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:59:18 -0500
>     the only reason to use a relay is because A horn can draw too
>     much current for either the horn push OR the wires going TO the
>     horn push.. .. the factory thought the horn push was physically
>     and electrically large enough, so it depends upon the size wires
>     YOU run.... AWG 10 is what the factory ran, even for DUAL horns,
>     so ... you probably don't need a relay... UNLESS you want one...

The factory was just too cheap to use relays and didn't care if the car
lasted a year. We are close to 30 years old on the newest Spridgets and
things get tired. Relays are a useful way to extend the life of switches and
pieces which are getting harder and harder to replace with good parts. IF
you can understand a relay and can wire one neatly and well, do so.
David Lieb