Re: [Spridgets] Clutch carbon bearing

To: Weslake1330@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Clutch carbon bearing
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:03:46 -0400
Weslake1330@aol.com wrote:
> So, does anyone know what the difference is between the 948/1098 bearing  and
> the 1275 bearing?

Of the couple I have, one has offset ears, the other has the ears very
close to the back of the metal shell.
I don't know if what is in the Holy Sprite is correct or not, the clutch
has been changed and the 1098 came out of my 67 which should have had a
1275, I can see the slave rod was too long and is bent. that carbon
bearing has it's ears close to the back of the shell, the one I have in
my crate of clutch bits has the ears about 3/4 back from the shell.
Again, I do not know what that one is for either.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ