Re: [Spridgets] Checking timing was: pinking problem

To: <soavero@yahoo.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Checking timing was: pinking problem
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:25:38 +0100
The full time job of my navigator in competition days was to tune cars on a
rolling road, he would do around 8 per day.  Everything from road motors to
race / rally and even the odd motor-cycle (if it was tied down).  From cars
that climbed off the rollers to my wife's company car, a Renault 4 that
needed the bhp scale halved so the needle movement could be seen!
Timing was never done by 'feel' or ear, even on a 'quicky' job from the
workshops.  (All service / repairs had a tune before they went out - even if
it wasn't an engine job it went in for.)
However, not everyone had access to a set of rollers with a bhp machine
attached!

Guy R Day