Re: [Spridgets] Can't get new engine to fire

To: <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Can't get new engine to fire
From: Bill Masquelier <billmasq@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:54:10 -0700
Something that I have done before in cases like this is to run a wire straight
from the top of the coil to one of the plugs (plug wire is best but any wire
will work). This gives that plug a spark 4 times as often as normal but at
least tells you that it is firing. The engine will run (roughly) on one plug
and allow you to start figuring out what is really wrong.
Bill> Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:54:38 -0700> From: kidjoevid@yahoo.com> To:
spridgets@autox.team.net> Subject: [Spridgets] Can't get new engine to fire> >
I've been fighting with this off and on for months. I think I've checked
everything. What else should I look for?> > Distributor (124 Ignition Dizzy)>
> 1. Drive spindle is seated good, slot is aligned 2:00 and 8:00 at TDC.> 2.
Distributor is inserted, shaft snugs into spindle.> 3. Distributor is turned
CW until green light just comes on.> 4. Rotor is at 12:00> 5. Cap is
installed. Wires to 1342.> 6. Gas is on, ignition on. Plugs show spark.> 7.
pull a plug and slightly wet after long try.> > Not a cough. What the flip am
Support Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > You are subscribed as
billmasq@hotmail.com> > http://www.team.net/archive> >
Get more from your digital life.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008