[Spridgets] Another Bugeye Lowering Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: [Spridgets] Another Bugeye Lowering Question
From: Miniac7@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:12:29 EDT
I am about to have a pair of rear lowering wedges fabricated  for my  Bugeye.
Based on what I have been discussing with someone on SpriteSpot, I  have a
formula for the thick and thin end of the wedge, based upon a length  of
approximately 3.3". My question however is, does anyone really know what  the
exact
length needs to be? Before I authorize the machine shop to start  working on my
wedges, I need to know how long they should be. This length will  also effect
the required height of the wedge and both ends, in order to get the  amount
of drop I'm looking for.

Does anyone reading this know what length  I should make the wedges? I want
the leaf spring to get full purchase on the  spring seat, so I want the wedge
to go into the receiver end as far as possible,  while ending in line with the
end of the spring perch. My car is still fully  assembled and I can not tell
how deep the spring reaches into the mounting area.  If anyone happens to know,
or if you happen to have a set of 1/4 elliptics handy  that may show some
markings, or if you have a Bugeye with the springs removed, I  would appreciate
knowing the depth of the receiver in which the 1/4 elliptic  leaf springs reach.

Thank you all.

deal here.