Re: [Spridgets] Eric Jones passed away

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Deikis, John G"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Eric Jones passed away
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:20:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Mon, 8/25/08, Deikis, John G <John.Deikis@va.gov> wrote:
> A real loss for the hobby.

Amen to that. Eric was a true craftsman and a real gentleman. John, I'd speak
to Eric 4 or 5 times a year, and he'd invariably mention how much he enjoyed
rallying with you. Aside from the usual dealings and seeing Eric at the DuPage
show each year, I had the pleasure of going to his beautiful farmlet a few
years back, and don't think I'll ever forget all the amazing stuff in the
barns.

I don't think it ever was mentioned on this list, but last week we also lost
Jack Drews, another of the LBC giants. If you check the team.net archives for
the August 2008 FOT list, the stories of Jack could fill a book. Between Eric
and Jack, there's some serious LBC engineering going on up there right about
now.

Ron