Re: [Spridgets] Pink Sprite Race car

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Pink Sprite Race car
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:35:53 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Wed, 8/27/08, Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I imagine that it also separates money from your bank
> account ... :)

No, actually. The cylinders are very cheap and available anywhere for $50 or
$60. I got the pedal box for nothing, but you could do like the Speedwell setup
using a modified stock pedal mount. As far as era correct, there isn't anything
especially modern or cheatin' about them other than they look nice and are new.
The larger MGB/Spit setup or rear discs would be illegal. I'll get grief for
this, but I'm even still using the early Bugeye rear drums with single wheel
cylinder with no issues. I haven't found any performance difference between the
stock and Tilton, but it's nice to know the extra circuit is there.

Ron