Re: [Spridgets] winter storage cooling system question

To: Chris Manuel <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] winter storage cooling system question
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:20:10 -0400
IMHO it is better to fill w/ the correct anti-freeze mix. In my
experience unless you can turn the car over and end for end, you will
not get the engine block drained of fluids and that leaves a couple
places where local freezing could occur and cause damage. Not saying
it will happen, but if it's filled with the proper mix, you know it
won't freeze.

Larry

On Sep 17, 2008, at 9:25 PM, Chris Manuel wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I was about to pick up some antifreeze today, but had a thought...
>
> Since the Sprite will be outside huddled next to the garage this
> winter, is
> it better to put the proper antifreeze mix in it, or drain it totally?
>
> Thanks
> Chris

Larry Macy
78 Midget