Re: [Spridgets] calculating speed

To: bmwwxman@gmail.com, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] calculating speed
From: Weslake1330@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:34:52 EDT
When I asked a leading tyre manufacturer this question they advised that
while there would be some tyre growth over the life of a tyre there would also
be a reduction in circumferance as the tread wore away.  Their general view
was that one cancelled out the effect of the other.

As far as circumference growth at speed goes for a typical road tyre - the
steel bands in the tyre's construction prevent this.

W e s l a k e 1330

In a message dated 18/10/2008 17:37:38 GMT Daylight Time,  bmwwxman@gmail.com