Re: [Spridgets] calculating speed

To: "Larry Macy" <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] calculating speed
From: "Matt Hagopian" <mhagopian@hoppetool.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:59:29 -0400
Well I guess you all will cringe on this... 100mph is about 30mph slower
then what Id like to to go... the 4.22 is in now and I can see that its not
going to be enough! going to scout around for a 3.9 (maybe with an LSD),
Also see what we can do with this motor, bring it up around 8000RPM
(currently the MSD has a 7k chip in it) see how well it does!

I can wait to see the responses to a 130mph sprite :)

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com> wrote:

> The difference is in how long it takes to get there.
>
> Larry
>
> On Oct 19, 2008, at 8:46 PM, Kitterer Bob wrote:
>
> > Two cars roughly the same weight, one with 160 hp the other with 43.3
> > hp and they both have the same top speed!!!!
> >
> > Bob Kitterer
> >
> > 1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
> > 1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
> > 2000 Miata Special Edition

> >> Odd why?  I'd take the Bond car over the Steed car.
>
> --
>
> Larry Macy
> 78 Midget
>
> Keep your top down and your chin up.
>
> Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
> lmacy@phillymgclub.com
> Board Member at Large
> Philadelphia MG Club
>

> "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
> arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to skid in
> sideways, Margaritas in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally
> worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!".

Sincerely,

Matt Hagopian