Re: [Spridgets] seat belts

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>,Phil Nase <nases@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] seat belts
From: Bob Spruck <mgmaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:58:31 -0500
I am currently installing a new six point harness system in my ' 67 Midget
vintage racer. We have to do this because the belts expire after a certain
period of time whether they are protected from the elements in a garage or
trailer or are kept outside in the weather where they would be exposed to
the sun and rain. I'd guess no race car is stored outside where it and the
belts would be exposed to the weather and deteriorate over time.

I had planned to install the out of date five point set in my ' 72 street
car because I too, like the security of a dual shoulder harness and wide
lap belt and dislike the lack of security of a three point system in a
street sports car. I figure the roll bar and harness would provide more
effective protection in any kind of accident. However, all the installation
instructions warn not to install a four point competition harness in a
street car, but provide no explanation.

Anybody know why?

Bob Spruck