Re: [Spridgets] New Motor!

To: Matt Hagopian <mhagopian@hoppetool.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] New Motor!
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@Lehigh.EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:36:01 -0500
   I  wasn't criticizing but I was caught off guard by the 5 speed, guess
   I'm still in the SCCA mindset. I didn't know guys were going that far.
   I've  got  one  of  Paul A's 5 speed kits and tranny sitting here, and
   it's got to make a big difference on some of the tracks! Now to find a
   custom disc to mate the input shaft to the 5.5" Tilton clutch!
   John
   Fogelsville, PA
   Matt Hagopian wrote:

     Yes,  VRG  can be strict on things that are Major modification such
     as  a  300cc  upgraded  motor. The guys at the track, (you may have
     been  one  of them!) told me to throw on circular fenders and start
     calling  the  bug  a 72(the limit to VRG). As for the 5spd, and the
     dif,  they  are not as inspected as the size of the motor. Diff can
     be  any  ratio,  there are a lot of guys running "unknown" 5spds in
     all  different  classes.  Basically  the  way that group goes is as
     follows, car has to be 72 or before, original size motor and if its
     not  you  get  bumped  up  a class, fender flares may move you up a
     class,  but  basically  they  are ok with modifications, they didnt
     give  me  any  heartburn  for  having a 1275 bored .040 over... But
     basically  what  I  was told, is as long as your not blowing anyone
     out  of  the water you wont have eyes being focused on you. Besides
     VRG  is  just  a group, no prize money and no points standings... I
     thought they were pretty accomedating

   On  Thu,  Nov  20,  2008  at  10:52 AM, John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>