Re: [Spridgets] New Motor!

To: mhagopian@hoppetool.com, grbyrns@ucdavis.edu
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] New Motor!
From: WeslakeMonza1330@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:59:01 EST
I don't think you can fit a shut off switch to an alternator without
destroying it.  You can however fit a shut off switch to a dynamo.   The power
saving
is neglible.  Some cars in the UK that are required to run  with an
alternator strip out all the guts so there is no power produced, no  power loss
but
complies with the (inadequately worded) rule book for that  class.

I'm not aware that using 2 Webers has any real gain and even assuming the
engines makes more peak power that would be more than negated by the weight
gain.

Weslake-Monza 1330