Re: [Spridgets] Thoughts for the Midget 50th

To: "Michael Rowe" <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Thoughts for the Midget 50th
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 00:12:57 -0600
Actually, we did that with the Spridget 50th at LotO.  Missouri portion of
Route 66 was only a few miles south of Osage Beach and a number of the
Spridgeteers went and drove short stretches of the orginal mother road. We
even had a Route 66 tour handout for any so interested. Doug Altman provided
some great pictures along the Mother Road which we projected on the wall as
a slide show during the banquet.

Cheers!!
Jim

On 12/18/08, Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net> wrote:

> Anyone ever been to Claremore OK?  Will Rogers Birthplace on the old Route
>> 66?
>>

> The TV show, "Route 66" ran from 1960-1964, so the timing is right,
> although the show was not actually filmed on Route 66.  Apparently not much
> is left of the Route, but there is a lot of information online about what
> and where it was.  If we took some time finding fun places along the way, it
> could make a good theme for a gathering of "free spirits."
>
> Michael Rowe

Cheers!!
Jim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough
to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson