Re: [Spridgets] bent frame rails

To: "Lester" <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] bent frame rails
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 17:46:06 -0600
> .. ok so what you are telling me is that a perfect, rust free, ready
> to paint body is still being made?  It has to be cheaper than all the
> work it takes to get one straight..  NOW YOU TELL ME!

It is better than that, Lester, in that it is electrostatically primed
with rust-resistant primer, can be finish painted by them, too, is
also available in RWA, can occasionally be special-ordered
fully seam welded for competition use, etc.
OTOH, there are reports of panel alignment issues, although
that might have been only the early copies, the body you get
might have holes that vary a bit from their equivalent on yours,
expects a British steering column rather than the federalized
version (yes, BMH assures me that there is a difference), and
it IS expensive for Spridget parts. Nonetheless, I wish I could
afford one...
David Lieb