[Spridgets] too many LBCs for me

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] too many LBCs for me
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 14:38:40 -0800
My wife very graciously green-lighted the aquisition and restoration of a
fourth family LBC with the Morris truck that is nearing completion.  It brings
our total to four and overfills the garage.  Now, when I can least afford it,
I just got a phone call from a local LBC guy putting me in touch with a
75-year-old widow whose husband accumulated two MGAs and a bugeye.  The city
of Sacramento is forcing her to get rid of the MGA that sits outside and she
wants it to go to a "good home" where it won't be "hot-rodded"(her words).
She will be getting rid of the other garaged MGA as well and hopes to find a
mechanic to get her bugeye up and running.
I'll be stopping by in a few days to check out her cars and see what can be
done with the bugeye.  If there is ANYONE on the list lusting for a
rebuildable MGA, e-mail me and I'll put you in touch with her.  Much as I'd
like to take it and store it for later, this just isn't the right year to get
another.  My feeling talking to her is that she is aware of their value and
yet isn't interest in big e-bay money for the car.

More to follow after I actually see them.  Man its tough out here on the left
coast, lightly rusted LBC shells everywhere you look and not enough room to
store them.  Must be easier on the east coast where you can just fold up the
new aquisition and put it in a bag to go.

Glen