Re: [Spridgets] OT - External hard drives

To: oldsaabguy@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] OT - External hard drives
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:47:03 -0600
One caution...  Hard Drives fail.  Ask yourself what happens to your back-up
if your back-up hard drive fails? Invariably your back-up image will contain
stuff you no longer want stored on your machine and it will be lost.
Back-up on DVD is the safest way even though it may be a bit more time
consuming initially. If your back-up is incremental it will go quickly after
the first time.

A lot depends upon how much data you are working with.  There are Terabyte
drives available...   ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim