Re: [Spridgets] OT - External hard drives

To: "'Dean Hedin'" <dlh2001@comcast.net>, <tinydog@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] OT - External hard drives
From: "Herby" <herby@herbytoys.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 16:27:36 -0800
I bought a 500G Maxtor NAS about a year ago. It seems to work fine for
backups a storage but lately it's been making some nasty *grinding* noises.
As I said, it still seems to work okay but I'm thinking of replacing it just
in case. I've heard good things about WD from others too (beyond this list)
so maybe that's what I'll look into. Anybody use the Buffalo EHD's? We have
a couple of 1TB's at work and they've been holding up well for about a year
now with daily backups.

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - soon on the market)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby@herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com