Re: [Spridgets] A day at the auto show

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A day at the auto show
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 00:52:28 -0600
You're missing the point, guys.  Of course all the car manufacturers are in
trouble because they can't sell their cars. But its not because people don't
want to buy their cars. Its because nobody can pay cash on the barrel head
and the banks aren't lending!!
The cars are just fine. The banks and the credit (or lack thereof) markets
are the problem. Who's got 50% and their first born to put down?

Cheers!!
Jim

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com> wrote:

> Hello Ron,
>
>     I went to the Portland (OR) Auto Show at the beginning of the month.
> Much
>     is as you say, much more subdued than past years. Fewer displays,
> smaller
>     displays, fewer attendees.
>
>     The biggest crowds were around the Chevrolet stand. They had both the
> new
>     Camaro and the 'Vette ZR1.
>
>     Also as you say, its not just the domestic auto makers. If one looks at
> the
>     stats, Mercedes sales off over 30%, Toyota off over 30%, Honda off
> nearly
>     30%, BMW, Saab, nearly every auto company in the developed world is
>     suffering big time.
>
>     Oddly enough, even the "economy" cars,--Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Nissan
>     Versa, Chevy Aveo, Kia Rio, right down the line ALL have electric
> windows!!
>     Not only does that mean that they weigh more than they need to, with
> all
>     the associated ills that brings, the windows will eventually quit
> working.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Bill L.                           mailto:pythias@pacifier.com
>
>  '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"
>
>  The days of the digital watch are numbered

Cheers!!
Jim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough
to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson