Re: [Spridgets] what does your cars exhaust sound like?

To: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] what does your cars exhaust sound like?
From: Matt Hagopian <mhagopian@hoppetool.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:09:51 -0500
I have a 1318cc Bug that has a supertrapp muffler on it.. it was so loud
before id say at idle it was probably 95dB(no muffler). With the supertrapp
muffler with all of the muffling plates in, id say it idles at 92dB. but at
WOT, they are far over 100dB. The supertrapp didnt change the sound very
much, so basically im running straight headers.. track use only  :)
Thought i would throw my 2cents in

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 8:44 AM, <ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net> wrote:

> Last week somebody po sted the shell commercial from youtube that had the
> ferrari's through the ages and their wonderful exhaust sounds.B  that got
> me
> thinking since i need a new exhaust. What do I want mine to sound like?B  I
> have heard some that sound just LOUD no real tuneB  just loud and others
> that
> sound kind of whiny.B  so the question is:
>

> What does your exhaust/car sound like? can you record and send it to me or
> post a link to youtube or something like that? where did you get it and all
> the particulars like engine size etc.B  It might be interesting to have
> this
> info as a group and would most definately help me make my decicion as to
> what
> muffler exhaust to buy or avoid.
>

> thanks
>
> ryan