Re: [Spridgets] Bugeyes for sale (One more time!)

To: William McLeod <wbmcleod@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeyes for sale (One more time!)
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 20:00:08 -0600
Not claiming superiority.
Just didn't like the way the proposition was submitted.
I've been on this list a long time.  I've given leads, given parts,
made parts, mailed parts, all for free.  I have received stuff for
free.

"I know where something is.  The guy wants X.  If you buy it you
should feel morally obligated to pay guy #2 Z." just sounds cheesy.

Putting a potential buyer with a seller for the sake of helping other
spridgeteers is usually more in tune with the spirit of this list.

But, you can get in line with the other people who want to meet me in
an alley, or add me to your spam list.

"My friend knows where two Bugeyes can be had for $2000.  He'll tell
you where for $200.  If you don't buy them, you don't have to pay the
$200"  sounds more straight forward and less like a used car salesman
to me.