Re: [Spridgets] Good Cranks, Bad Cranks

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Good Cranks, Bad Cranks
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:18:33 -0400
Michael Rowe wrote:
> There was some discussion of which 1275 cranks are good and bad in the
>archives, but I can't find this answer.  Vizard says early EN16T cranks were
>Tuftrided, and later ones (1974?) were not.  How can I tell which version of
>EN16T I got with my 1275 bits and pieces?

EN40 is the nitrated crank, stock for 1967 ONLY
All other 1275 cranks are Tuftrided 68-74.
I have never had any problems with either one of these cranks, they are
all well built and hold up well.
But like Ron said, the hardening is only to .010 so if it must be cut,
go bare minimum. See if polishing will work first.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ