Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Le Macchine d'Italia (No LBC)
From: Dave Grandeffo <davegran@tds.net>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 08:24:01 -0500
Billy Zoom wrote:

> new Fiat 850 coupe in England in 1968.
>
> Yeah, but it was really, really, really cheap wasn't it?
> What did you expect for that price?
> I remember test driving the 850 Spyder in 1968 because it was the only new
> car I could afford to pay cash for (musician-no credit).
> BZ

My future wife bought a dark blue 850 Coupe around that same time
because it was recommended by me and even less expensive than the
spyder; around $1700 and change as I recall. The pressure plate went out
under warranty and then later the head gasket, which I replaced for her.
It was fun to drive, fuel efficient, and handled well until a distracted
big yellow school bus driver rear ended me at a stop sign a few years
later. All that thin sheet metal crumpled perfectly and it gave up its
life for me. What more could I ask? Oh, I also put a white racing stripe
on it for her....

--
Dave Grandeffo