Re: [Spridgets] NY Plates

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NY Plates
From: Lee Fox <lee.fox@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:04:56 -0500
In Missouri, vehicles displaying historic or antique license plates may
be driven:

    1. To and from exhibitions and educational events without any
mileage limitation;
    2. To repair facilities within a 100 mile limit; and
    3. Up to 1,000 miles per year for personal use.

The owner is responsible for keeping a log of the miles driven for
personal use each calendar year. The log must be kept in the vehicle
when the vehicle is being driven on any state road.

Historic license plates are a permanent registration and cannot be
transferred. If you sell or dispose of the vehicle, you must return the
plates to the Missouri Department of Revenue.

The vehicle must be at least 25 years old and the plates cost only
$25.25 and no more safety or emissions tests!

I have them on my Midget and am not worried about the 1,000 mile limit.
The log book doesn't ask for mileage, just miles and the cop can't
expect me to have filled out the book for today's trip when he pulls me
over.

Lee