Re: [Spridgets] 2 Races

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 2 Races
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 20:12:24 -0500
Larry,

My ritual for today was identical to yours only followed by the Red Wings
crushing of the Blackhawks.

I record all the F1 practice, qualifying and races on DVR Tivo.  During
qualifying Saturday Steve Matchet did a piece on the F1 car steering wheels
and the myriad of adjustments a driver can make on the fly. After seeing
that, I realized that my crummy experiences around Brands Hatch in a Lotus
those many years ago don't amount to a row of dog poop!!  Shifting through 8
or 9 gears, adjusting graduated brake bias front and rear with little dials
(different for each and every corner), adjusting suspension settings also
for each and every corner, knowing when to use the KERS, all while traveling
at 180mph through a twisting snake of a track leaves me utterly speechless
in amazement!!

Cheers!!
Jim

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Larry Daniels
<ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> One of my indulgences on the Memorial Day weekend is to watch the Indy 500
> and
> the Formula One race.
>
> While I respect the skills of the Indy Car racers, I can't imagine another
> motorsport that requires more skill and precise car control than that
> exhibited by road course drivers and, especially, by those at the GP of
> Monaco.  These guys are incredible.  I'll bet we all consider ourselves to
> be
> above average drivers, but these guys are absolutely humbling in their
> skill.
> I am still in awe after all these years of watching them.
>
> Someday, I need to go to Monte Carlo to watch this race in person.
>
> Congratulations to Helio Castroneves and Jensen Button.
>

> Larry Daniels

Cheers!!
Jim
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am
not
sure about the former. - Albert Einstein