Re: [Spridgets] Soft top install

To: Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Soft top install
From: Frank <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 21:38:46 -0400
A common misconception is to install the top when it's nice and hot out.
This does make for an easier job but when it's cold and you want to put
the top up, it will fight you because it shrunk.
Same when it rains, you're stuck out on the open road in a thunderstorm,
you pull over to raise the top and it fights you because it's cold, wet,
and shrunk.
I have been installing tops in the winter, they are tight but when it
comes time to put them up, they go up easy.
I just installed a top on my 69 project car the other night when it was
chilly and rainy out.
It works fine and is very easy to raise and lower in the sun.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ