Re: [Spridgets] "Made in China" Bugeye Brake Drums

To: 'Spridgeteers' <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] "Made in China" Bugeye Brake Drums
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 11:32:16 -0400
>I figure the only way we'll ever get rid of some of this stuff or
> get the quality up is to stop buying it if possible.

It could get expensive, but we could start sending all obviously substandard
junk (not fitting, falling apart, etc.) back to the distributors. The
catalogue companies get away with selling junk because there are no
consequences.  The same is true of China - they sell cheap junk at a cheap
price (remember "Made in Japan?") and people keep buying it.  Once it starts
costing them money, they will improve or find new sources.  And we will pay
more, because higher quality always costs more.

Michael Rowe