Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Insurance

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Insurance
From: David Groundwater <dwgwater@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:22:35 -0500
Another two cents on insurance, to amplify Jay's comments.  Make sure you have
plenty of uninsured/underinsured coverage.  Inevitably,the person who hits you
will have little or no coverage.

It's not just the damage you cause to others that you have to worry about
(liability). If you're hurt and have big medical bills and/or can't work, that
coverage has to come from the other guy. Since you can't be sure he has
(enough) insurance, you buy your own coverage to replace what he doesn't have.
That's called uninsured/underinsured coverage.  It's mandatory in Illinois
where I live, but not everywhere.  The loss of your Spridget is unfortunate,
but it's not much compared to what you can lose if you get splattered by an
SUV and can't work or worse.

Dave

> Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:26:01 -0700
> From: jfishbein@snet.net
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Insurance
>
> I try to refrain from participating in these insurance discussions,
but.......

> I would suggest that listers not restrict themselves to a discussion of how
to insure a known quantity which in the case of Spridgets is generally
speaking, a $5,000 - $10,000 vehicle but take into consideration the larger
picture which is liability and what can happen when you are involved in an
accident and someone sues you.

> In my experience, people purchase low liability and uninsured motorists
protection and put themselves and/or their assets at risk.

> If you're insured through an agent such as State Farm, consult with them.
OTOH hand if you're insured direct, i.e. through the lizard, AARP, or another
online, remote control provider, well.....good luck.

> Jay Fishbein
> Wallingford, CT
>

> ---
> Lastly, I have all my insurance thru
> > State Farm, which offers vintage car insurance. Is there any reason not
> go
> > with them?
> >
> > Thanks for your responses.
> >
> > Bud Pazur

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC thats right for you.