[Spridgets] Wax Trick didn't work . . .

To: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>, Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Wax Trick didn't work . . .
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:46:37 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Mon, 6/29/09, Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net> wrote: Idea is to heat
the are to warm enough for wax to melt and wick in.

OK, the garage has a nice Vanilla smell now, but the stud is still there. I
can see how it would work in a lot of instances, but this seems to be too
close a tolerance to happen in this case.

I think my main problem is getting a grip on the now-stripped stud.  My Vice
Grips tend to fall into two categories: The first group are so large that the
jaws are angled too steeply to grip at this small diameter.  The second
smaller group are good for getting on the stud, but the teeth are too small to
dig in effectively and the handles are too short to get any torque if I did
get them gripped...  And I cant get enough squeeze on the non-locking pliers
to do anything except further polish the stud.

I really don't trust my ability to cut it off and drill it out by hand.

More ideas?

 - David Booker