Re: [Spridgets] Oil on garage floor... removal there-of !

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Oil on garage floor... removal there-of !
From: Bob Spruck <mgmaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 19:48:29 -0400
Once you pick up any volume of oil, Brake Cleaner works great in removing
the oil stain. Spray on and rub with a paper towel.

When I had a particularly leaky Spridget, I made a frame of 1x2 furring
strips around a 2' by 4' piece of scrap paneling and cut a piece of
cardboard to fit inside the frame. It will accept quite a bit of volume,
not leak oil through onto the concrete, won't blow in the wind, edges won't
curl. It is long enough to catch any leaks from the front seal all the way
back to the rear trans seal. You could even make it reach the diff if you
wanted to. Depends on how much of your garage floor you (or your wife) want
to keep protected.

Bob

At 06:01 PM 7/5/2009 , Dave G. wrote:
>The Beast has emulated the cat and has "marked" it's territory with
>the usual deposits  (oil!)
>
>I usually cover the affected area with lots of Kitty Litter and let
>it slowly absorb the oil.  Takes a lot of time and sweeping up.
>
>Is there a product (here in the states) that I can safely use that
>(1) won't further damage my already poor lungs and (2) causes minimal
>damage to the cement floor...  and works faster than the above
>mentioned Kitty Litter method??
>
>Thanks...
>--
>Dave G.   KK7SS
>'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA
>
>If I wake up in the morning, and I hurt, it means that I'm still
>alive !!
>_

Bob Spruck
MGMaven