Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Number 550 Damaged

To: "rrengineer @dslextreme.com" <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Number 550 Damaged
From: WFO Herb <froggi60@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:06:19 -0700
Mike,

A friend of mine in Harrisonburg, VA just finished a round-trip to CA and
back in his A-H.  Beautifully done car!

Like you, he spent many, many thousands in restoration.

Went to his estate during the time he was putting it back together.  He took
me upstairs to where he had the fenders, hood and boot.  We walked into the
room...all white carpet and white leather furniture...and there on the
furniture were his parts.  What a wife!!!

His trip included a 70 Vette,  BMW M8 and a Maserati Quattroporte, and him
of course.

Just four guys doing something they wanted to do before it was "too
late"...we all know that gut feeling.

Now he's back to being President of the University...what a wind-down!
Until his next outing....

BTW, he also owns a very nice Bugeye.

Herb

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 6:54 PM, rrengineer @dslextreme.com <
rrengineer@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Believe me, after all the money I have invested in it, I will get Frank's
> nail gun and use it if he uses the forklift to move my BN2 around.
> Mike
>
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 6:37 PM, WFO Herb <froggi60@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> Tell him, PLEASE, no forklifts!
>>
>> Herb
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 9:58 PM, rrengineer @dslextreme.com <
>> rrengineer@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was told today by my friend that is restoring Bugeye number 550 for
>>> auction that the bodyman/painter dropped the shell, rear end first, off a
>>> forklift while moving it around his shop.  Extensive damage, but not
>>> un-repairable.  besides the damage to the rear, the two door openings are
>>> significantly closer together now at the top.  Just made me cringe.  This
>>> is
>>> the same guy doing the painting and bodywork to my BN2 right now.
>>> Mike MacLean
>>> 60 Sprite
>>> 56 BN2