[Spridgets] What kind of primer?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] What kind of primer?
From: andrewpayne@intrex.net
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:18:16 +0000
Well I've been sanding and heat gun stripping the paint and bondo from my 76.
Things are moving well, and soon I hope to pull the engine and start on patch
panels.
Can someone give me a tip or two on priming?  How should I prep the metal, and
what kind of primer should I use?  At this point, I just want to protect the
steel. Most of the areas will be bare metal, but not perfectly stripped.  I
would prefer rattle cans and have no idea what kind of paint I will be using.
I'm leaning towards rustoleum, but I do have a friend with a body shop just 7
hours away...
Drew