Re: [Spridgets] Hand brake cable

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>, spridgets List
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Hand brake cable
From: Bob Spruck <mgmaven@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 20:34:43 -0400
Hey Mike:

Below is a set of dimensions I took off two of my parts cars, one wire wheel
and one steel wheel. I don't remember what years they are, but I would think
the rods are the same over the years for each type of rear end. This is part of
a greater doc that lists some helpful info that you can only get when you have
a car already apart or have one you don't care if you tear apart, i.e. parts
cars.

Hope it helps.

Bob

REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY
TYPEDIMENSIONMEASUREMENT POINTS
STEEL WHEEL DIFF ASSY
Over all width*41 3/4 (41.75")From inside of brake backing plate flange to
inside of opposite flange
Left Hand Brake rod14 3/4" (14.75")From center to center of clevis pin holes
Right Hand Brake Rod26 1/4" (26.25")From center to center of clevis pin holes
WIRE WHEEL DIFF ASSY
Over all width*40 3/4 (40.75")From inside of brake backing plate flange to
inside of opposite flange
Left Hand Brake rod14  (14.00")From center to center of clevis pin holes
Right Hand Brake Rod26  (26.00")From center to center of clevis pin holes
*Wire wheel assembly is 1" narrower than steel wheel assy
*Wire wheel and steel wheel rear hubs are same except for stud length