Re: [Spridgets] Last Autocross of the area... No LBC content!!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Last Autocross of the area... No LBC content!!
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:03:30 -0400
One question....Did you ever let her drive the Spridget?

I don't think she ever drove the one we dated in.  I do remember that she
helped me pull and replace the engine and transmission.  It was stuck in
reverse and we had to back up several miles on the switch-backs in the hills
above Honolulu.  This remains a family joke to this day (and they all think I
am nuts to get another Spridget).

I didn't have much money, so we rented a hoist, pulled the unit ourselves and
carried the transmission to the shop for repairs.  Her father was not
mechanical and was really impressed that we did this.  I got a lot of points,
which I really needed because I was not at all interested in going to
University ball games with him - a big loss of points.

Michael Rowe