Re: [Spridgets] Still no workie...

To: <eap2140@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Still no workie...
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:00:37 -0700
Is this a NEW dizzy, or one grabbed from another car?

The 1500's came with a Lucas OPUS distributor, which had an amplifier
mounted to the side of the dizzy (big box). Some of these (like in the
first '79 that I bought) were replaced by the newer Lucas electronic
ignition, which had an external amplifier box mounted on the pedal box
under the coil. You can tell of it's an OE Lucas electronic as the dizzy
will have stamped on it "45DE4" for the OPUS and "45DM4" for the newer
type.

If you bought something new from one of the vendors, then the
instructions should tell you if you need an amplifier or not. I would
suspect that anything new would work similar to a Pertronix...

Hope this helps.
-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/