Re: [Spridgets] 1978 Midget Clutch Issue

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1978 Midget Clutch Issue
From: "Mark Haynes" <haynes386@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:05:07 GMT
John- I may be way off base here, but on our '65 Spit (same three rail trans I
think), the throwout arm had two brass bushings in the bell housing; yes, a
pin with wrinkled springs on it that fell out once; AND the slave cylinder was
adjustable using a cinch bolt. If the slave is too far inboard, the clutch may
not engage completely, if its too far inboard, it can cause the throwout
bearing to ride on the pressure plate. I don't know for sure if it should be
riding on the pressure plate constantly, but my gut feel is that it shouldn't.
I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Take your shots, guys.

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12779
HAN5L8016

Hotel
Taking a trip?  Click here to compare hotel rates and find a great deal.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/c?cp=XAWWn8xT0a0aWKkBQ5F2sAAAJz5X
oFCg_GoYpsOBXA-_r2I8AAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRAAAAAA=