Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 31, Issue 64

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 31, Issue 64
From: "Bill Doom" <doom@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:15:27 -0800
Bob,
What actually happened was a cop was driving the car off duty. He had his
wife, Sister and Brother in law in the car.  They were driving down the
freeway.  The freeway comes to an end and you have to make a left or a
right.
The throttle stuck wide open they were doing over a 100 mph when they ran
out of road. The car launched over the curb and into a ditch.  All in the
car were killed. The brother in law was on the phone with 911 when the cop
was trying to unstick the throttle.  He avoided quite a few cars that were
stopped at the light saving untold lives. But unable to save his or his
families.  There was talk about him getting an award for avoiding all the
other cars. Dont know if that happened or not.  The car was a "loaner" from
a dealership while his was getting worked on.  The person who had the car
before the cop complained that the throttle was sticking. No one supposedly
looked into it.  The recall that I saw was to remove both front floor mats.
Problem solved.  What a waste of life.

Bill in San Diego