Re: [Spridgets] Unintended acceleration

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Unintended acceleration
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:45:30 -0500
The solution I came up with after having the bugeye pedal linkage popping
out to many times under hard acceleration was to remove the pedal assembly
including the little arm from the stock firewall rod and then installing two
1 1/2" diameter by 3/4" thick plastic wheels. I ran a small bolt through the
first wheel then through the stock hole on the arm through the other wheel
and secured it with a nylock nut. On the outside of the wheels and between
the wheels and the rod I have a few washers so everything can be snugged up
yet still have the wheels rotate. The plastic wheels were made from an old
plastic cutting board. This also buys you about another inch in legroom to
the go pedal. My fix has worked for years ...... YMMV

Biff Jones
'Frogarri' '59 Bugeye
'Ole Gray' '61 AH Sprite in the "Healey Book"
http://sprites2.homestead.com/

[demime found a multipart/alternative section which it tried
to parse but could not find any section which it could render. Please send
plain text.]