Re: [Spridgets] alternator conversion help needed

To: ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] alternator conversion help needed
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 14:03:49 -0600
Here is a previous post I was able to pull up from my gmail:
Hi,
Here are some notes I had on the subject:

GM alternator #7127 63amp or #7134 80amp

The large Brown wire is the main charging lead.
The smaller Brown wire measures the system voltage to tell the
alternator how much to charge. The Brown/Yellow wire operates the
alternator warning light, and provides the initial voltage to the
alternator to start it charging when the engine first starts,"

Brn/Yel #1
Brn #2

There is a small amount of modification to make the GM alternator fit.
I think the one I bought was $29.  It is still on the car but I have a
different Midget now so I can't go look and see how exactly the mods
were made.  It wasn't hard, though.  Search the archives for "GM alt."
or "GM alternator" or maybe "GM Derf" and you should find the posts I
made at the time I did the install.
Cheers,
Derf