Re: [Spridgets] alternator conversion help needed

To: <ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] alternator conversion help needed
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 20:34:24 -0500
On the alternator...

The alternator battery terminal goes to the physical battery + terminal via a
thick wire.

Terminal L goes to the grounded side of a dash indicator lamp.  (The plus side
of the lamp goes to the ignition switched hot lead).
It is advisable to put a 2-5 amp fuse between the L terminal and the dash
indicator lamp.

Terminal S also needs battery voltage but it can be a small guage jumper wire
from the alternator battery terminal.

If you have an IGN terminal on the alternator then that goes to your ignition
switch hot lead.
Have your car's schematic handy while considering the above.