Re: [Spridgets] clutch

To: hmortada@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] clutch
From: Kirk Hargreaves <khargreaves2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:39:26 -0800
Hadi,

Thanks for the help.  I just found the issue.  I found that I cannot trust
the pressure that is happening just by the feel of the master cyl on the
bench.

I reversed the black cup (seal) and put it back together in reverse
(switched them out again) - bled the slave out again - to find that I know
have clutch and no brake.  It is definitely the seal gone bad.

The other thing. .  the seal looks as good as the one that works.  So I am
finding out that you cannot tell if one of these things is good or not just
by how flexible they are and how good they might appear to be.

Thanks for your help!

Kirk

PS
I know a couple of guys who have big Healeys - they have hooked a remote
control to the slave cyl to be able to open and close it from under the
hood.  I have bled mine so many times that I have become fairly quick with
the process. . . just by getting to it from under the passenger side hole.