Re: [Spridgets] shifting isssues

To: <ryan.kubanoff@comcast.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] shifting isssues
From: "Dean Hedin" <dlh2001@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:01:31 -0500
Ryan, when it finally goes into first or reverse does it "crunch" in?

Also, what do you mean by "hobble together" ?
Does that mean you machined a new pilot bushing out of brass (OK) or does it
mean you found a piece of steel tubing that was
the right size (BAD)?

Did you apply grease to the pilot bushing upon assembly?

The storage position of the tranny should have no impact, unless your oil
drained out pass a leaky front seal.
Did you drain and refill it at any point?  The reason I mention this is that
the front input shaft seal is a tough R&R
since nobody sells an original replacement.  There is a guy on ebay that
remachines the front covers so that they can
accept a modern seal.

How is the feel of the clutch?  Does it feel like when it goes all the way down
that
the clutch is releasing as it should?

The clutch disk has an offset.  It can go on two ways.  Did you make sure it
went on the right way?

Did you change anything, like adjust the length of the clutch pushrod in the
master
or the push rod in the slave?  Did you install a new slave with a different
size bore?