Re: [Spridgets] is it just me getting old, or.......

To: 'Spridget Chat Group' <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Bud Osbourne
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] is it just me getting old, or.......
From: David Booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:09:27 -0800 (PST)
Bud,
Your points are all well taken, and I'm glad you didn't think I was saying
your opinions were wrong. I've never been able to afford a race car as well as
an interesting street car, so have always chosen the street over the track.
The few (very few) race schools/track days I've attended have all been
intensely enjoyable, and I'd really love to campaign a vintage race car - it's
just not financially in the cards - certainly while living on Long Island. In
addition to the expenses directly related to a car, I would also need to
invest in a trailer and something capable of pulling it - not to mention a
place to park them all which I don't have at the moment either.

So I continue to be a rabid fan of all forms of non-NASCAR racing and get my
kicks on the backroads or at the occassional autocross event. Luckily my
Spridget allows me to get those kicks without breaking any laws - It's great
fun at 40 mph - a welcome change from some of my previous (faster) cars.

Thanks,
 - David Booker